Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My challenges of pronunciation(1)

     When I pronounce  these words, I felt uncomfortable. : photographs (not attractive pronunciation) , warm (It was hard to "r" for pronunciation), far (I didn't know how i make my shape of lips ), sheet ("worksheet " is also difficult) , though- dough , very- berry, (I can't pronounce those pair words differently),   bone- born("r" sound is difficult to pronounce before consonant "n").
     My goal of pronunciation is pronouncing like native speakers. I know that it might(would?) not possible because Korean and English has different phonetic foundation. Even though it is impossible, more important thing is process to try  to pronounce closed pronunciation.  Jeff guided' Rachelsenglish.com' for practice , so I will practice through that site. I also think that practice of  natural 'intonation ' is needed , so I will try to listen as possible as I can with using AFKN.

No comments:

Post a Comment